Monday, February 17, 2014

Our Fourth Child Is Not Yours! Wife Confesses To Husband After Giving Her Life To Christ

The confession of a mother of five that her former boss was the biological father of her fourth child is now threatening her 25-year-old marriage. Her husband, 57-year-old  Isaac Jemibola, a  civil servant, has approached an Ikole Customary Court in Ekiti State, seeking the dissolution of his marriage to the woman, 48-year-old Olayemi.
Jemibola based his divorce plea on the ground that the respondent confessed committing  adultery in 2002.
He urged the court in the petition filed on January  21, to grant him custody of  the five children  from  the marriage.

The petition told the court that he married  Olayemi  in 1989 according to the native law and custom.
According to him, ``after retiring to bed on January 19, my wife came to me and knelt down.
“She confessed to have had an  extramarital affair with her former boss which resulted in the pregnancy of the  fourth child.
“My wife said she had given her life to Christ and that  her desire to make heaven made her confess based on the  advice from her pastor.
“She added that the paternity of the fourth child was in doubt since both the boss and I  slept with her the same week,’’ he said.
Jemibola further told the court that he reported the matter to his parents who pleaded with the woman to reverse her confession.
“She however  insisted that she was following the dictates of the Bible.
“I purposely don’t   want to do the  DNA test because I don’t  want to hate the child.’’ he said.
Olayemi admitted committing the offence, but kicked against dissolution of the marriage.
“I did it because Jemibola was befriending another woman during the period which made him abandon me for almost six months.
“It was  that same period that my former boss, who normally took me to work in his car, made  love advances  at  me. Both men made love with me at almost the same period.
“After some years, I discovered that the child looked quite  different from his siblings and out of guilt, I decided to tell him the truth.
“I pleaded for his  forgiveness but he refused,’’ Olayemi said.

In her ruling, the court president, Mrs Yemisi Ojo, said: “In the interest of justice and in the spirit of promoting reconciliation between the two  parties, the  case  will be adjourned till  April 7 for report of settlement.’’

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment