Monday, February 17, 2014

Drake thrashes Rolling Stone mag for replacing him on the cover with PSH

Drake a few days ago thrashed Rolling Stone magazine for replacing him on its cover with actor Philip Seymour Hoffman who recently passed away from a drug overdose. The mag was supposed to use Drake for its cover but Philip passed away and they changed the cover the last minute.

As soon as the issue hit the stands, a disappointed Drake lashed out on Twitter. He also denied calling Bars on Kanye's album Yeezus 'questionable'. See his tweets after the cut...




 

After his rants, he deleted his tweets and apologized for his outburst. See his statement below...
I completely support and agree with Rolling Stone replacing me on the cover with the legendary Philip Seymour Hoffman. He is one of the most incredible actors of our time and a man that deserves to be immortalized by this publication."
"My frustration stemmed from the way it was executed. The circumstances at hand are completely justifiable (on the magazine’s behalf), but I was not able to salvage my story or my photos and that was devastating. They ran the issue without giving me a choice to be in it or not. I would have waited until it was my time because I understand the magnitude of the cover they chose but I just wasn't given that option and that made me feel violated. I apologize to anybody who took my initial comments out of context because in no way would I ever want to offend the Hoffman family or see myself as bigger than that moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment