Saturday, February 15, 2014

Juno actress Ellen Page comes out as a lesbian

Yesterday February 14th, at a Human Rights Campaign conference in Las Vegas for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgender, LGBT, youths, 27 year old Hollywood actress and Oscar nominee Ellen Page came out as a lesbian.
“I’m here today because I am gay. And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility. If we took just 5 minutes to recognize each other’s beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences. That’s not hard. It’s really an easier and better way to live. And ultimately, it saves lives. Then again, it’s not easy at all. It can be the hardest thing, because loving other people starts with loving ourselves and accepting ourselves. I know many of you have struggled with this. I draw upon your strength and your support, and have, in ways you will never know.” Ellen said

No comments:

Post a Comment